Friday, September 24, 2010

Christmas Cake

Christmas cake and it entails a lot of picky details to be able to finish a perfect and delectable treat. Normally, Christmas cake should be prepared well ahead of time to set out its moistness and flavor. I usually procrastinate and bake it a week just before Christmas. However, this year
I am determined to do it the right way. So yesterday the kitchen gave off a gentle spicy whiff as the cake was slowly cooked for four and a half hours. Just one hint of its aroma is enough to conjure Christmas up.
Just before Christmas I habitually take out the unfailing old Delia Smith cook book to look into the cake recipe and the quantities needed for the marzipan. Her recipes almost always work and are perfect, if not always inspired. Now she has long been replaced by the younger, and sexier Nigella. However, her books are still at the back part of my shelf, where I can easily locate and grab should I need to check on details of some dishes. In this article, I will share my traditional fruit cake recipe which I usually prepare for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment